Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE)
The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence at VCU promotes and enhances teaching effectiveness and student learning through faculty-centered initiatives. The CTLE supports teaching effectiveness with comprehensive, ongoing orientation, support for scholarship, teaching resource tools, and recognition of contributions to teaching and learning.
- Create and provide various tools as related to syllabi, teaching observations, and unit level writing retreats
- Facilitate connections between faculty across disciplines to access university level resources such as online teacher training, academic technologies, and library services
- Serve as an institutional change agent to promote equity and inclusion across all teaching and learning initiatives, including assessing teaching effectiveness.
Areas of Focus
- Support faculty in addressing contemporary opportunities and challenges in teaching, such as emerging modalities, innovative methods, and evolving learning environments.
- Engage and include all faculty members, particularly new faculty.
- Coordinate with faculty to support innovative teaching research.
- Document and reproduce best practices related to teaching and learning.
- Recognize excellence in teaching and learning.
Visit ctle.vcu.edu to learn more.