Office of the Provost Faculty Fellows Program
The Office of the Provost invites faculty to apply to serve in a part-time, administrative role in academic and faculty affairs. Selected Faculty Fellows will work directly with the Provost and other senior leaders in developing and implementing key programmatic initiatives to support VCU’s faculty and staff.
Opportunities are available to lead and/or coordinate programmatic initiatives in the Office of the Provost. In addition, the Faculty Fellows Program will provide selected faculty with opportunities to:
- Engage and work with faculty and staff in varying disciplines, including cross-campus collaborations
- Gain valuable knowledge and experience in higher education administration
- Develop expertise in the practices and procedures related to the academic life cycle of our faculty and staff
- Develop administrative skills in leading and/or coordinating programmatic initiatives
- Develop expertise in a content area(s) of academic and faculty affairs
- Contribute to the decision-making in support of faculty program offerings and initiatives
- Examples include: potential to work on REAL curriculum and faculty engagement initiatives, or to help lead a service learning and repositioning work group or work on general education assessment initiatives or to focus on faculty teaching and learning.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. on Monday, May 22, 2023.
How to apply
Learn more about the application requirements and apply below:
The following fellowships are available:
Faculty Fellows for Academic/Faculty Affairs and Administration (3-5 fellowships available)
The Faculty Fellow for Academic and Faculty Affairs will be an integral part of the team working on projects and initiatives, including online programs and initiatives, general education, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, faculty policies and procedures, faculty recruitment programs, faculty writing and mentoring initiatives and more.
How long is the Fellowship?
Selected faculty will be expected to serve for either a one year period, 2 semesters or 1 semester period, as applicable to the assignment(s), with the possibility of renewal. The Fellowship can begin in summer 2023 or fall 2023.
How many hours are expected per week?
The faculty member will typically be expected to contribute approximately 8-16 hours per week in their Fellowship role, depending on the fellowship period.
What is the Fellowship compensation?
The Office of the Provost will provide a monetary supplement in one of two ways:
- The Office of the Provost will either provide the supplement directly to the Faculty Fellow, or
- Provide the Faculty Fellow’s academic home department with the same amount for the Faculty Fellow’s use, such as for professional development, travel, research funds, etc.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A letter of interest highlighting any administrative experience and research interests as well as any other qualifications that may be relevant for the Fellowship;
- A current curriculum vita, and;
- The names of two references, one of which must be the applicant's department chair or immediate supervisor.
Submit the materials above as one PDF via the online submission form linked below. Materials will be reviewed by a representative selection committee.
The application deadline is 5 pm on Friday, April 8, 2022.
Click here to submit your application and materials (requires applicant to authenticate/login with VCU credentials)
For questions, please contact email@example.com.